Bank of Labor SVP Named to CFPB’s Community Bank Advisory Council
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) recently named Bank of Labor Senior Vice President, Mary Buche, to their Community Bank Advisory Council (CBAC).
Committee members advise Bureau leadership on a broad range of consumer financial issues and emerging market trends. CBAC members are chosen to advise and consult with the Bureau leadership on consumer financial issues related to community banks and credit unions.
“I feel so honored to be part of this well-esteemed group of bankers from across the country,” said Buche. Buche has 33 years of experience in financial services and holds a business and consumer lending leadership position in Bank of Labor’s Community Bank division.
Buche was the only banker from the Kansas City region named to the council.
The committee members include experts in consumer protection, financial services, consumer lending, economic justice, and consumer financial products and services as well as representatives of community banks and credit unions. Advisory committee membership reflects the expertise across the range of issues under the Bureau’s jurisdiction. Committee members serve two-year terms.
The CFPB’s full list of CBAC appointments includes:
Community Bank Advisory Council (CBAC)
- Barry Anderson, President – Chief Operations Officer, F&M Bank (Edmond, OK)
- Mary Buche, Senior Vice President/Consumer Lending Relationship Manager, Bank of Labor (Olathe, KS)
- John Buhrmaster(Chair), President and CEO, First National Bank of Scotia (Scotia, NY)
- Ronette Hauser-Jones, Mortgage Division President, Great Plains Bank (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Todd McDonald, Senior Vice President/Board Director, Liberty Bank & Trust Company (New Orleans, LA)
- Rebecca Melton, Senior Vice President/Chief Credit Officer, The National Bank of Blacksburg (Blacksburg, VA)
- Kristina Schaefer, General Counsel & Chief Risk Officer, Fishback Financial Corporation/First Bank & Trust (Brookings, SD)
- Michael Tucker, Chief Executive Officer, Greenfield Cooperative Bank (Greenfield, MA)